So this dress…
When I saw this fabric, I knew I had to make something. It was so unique and such an interesting fabric, so I got a few yards, and for a few weeks it sat around while I tried to decide what to do with it.
I finally decided on trying my hand at making my first lolita dress. I also managed to find some really beautiful trim to go with the fabric.
Once I had the design figured out I started drafting the pattern. I used a dress I had as reference, and modified the pieces here and there until I got something that fit the way I wanted.
A few months later, I finally started sewing!
The finished dress: